Monday, June 11, 2007

127/365 I Wanna Be Sedated

Nothin’ to do, nowhere to go . . .

Tell me. What’s that like? I spent my entire weekend editing medical copy until each day’s happy hour, when I wanted to be sedated.

I love this song. I love the Ramones. I love the fact that the Bay City Rollers were among the bands who inspired them, and Joey Ramone wasn’t afraid to admit it.

I realize this is a road/tour song. And that kind of nothin’ to do nowhere to go is not the kind I dream about.

Just put me in a wheelchair, get me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can’t control my fingers I can’t control my brain

3 comments:

Otter said...

OMG I need to be sedated, but I can't imagine editing medical copy. That would put me to sleep.

Helen said...

That was entertaining.

Not to pry too much, but do you have a happy hour EVERY day? And does it ever take place before 9 am?

Indigo Bunting said...

I want to have happy hour every day, but I don't. However, I think I may be having it too often. In fact, it's been officially sworn off for the next couple of days.

Never before 9 am.