Monday, August 20, 2007

190/365 Lighthouse

Lighthouse tall and grand
Standing on that cold headland
Shine your light across the sea
For a wayward sailor girl like me

I have to go back to work. Right now. First stop: Read final pages for a quarterly journal. So many stops after that.

But it was a good vacation.

“Lighthouse” isn’t my favorite Waifs song, but it’s a good one, and it’s available on YouTube. They played twice in a town near me. I missed it the first time, but after the reviews, I did not miss it the second time. It was among the best of concerts I’d been to, and I’d had no idea who they were.

Sadly, they haven’t been back.

Sadder still, it’s Monday morning.

Oh lighthouse man I’m all at sea
Shine a little lighthouse light on me

6 comments:

Helen said...

That was great, and welcome back! (I waited until the afternoon to send you this, as there is nothing so irritating as cheeriness on a Monday morning, except perhaps a deerfly circling around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around your head throughout an 8-hour hike).

Bridgett said...

Helen, that would be worse than Monday morning.

IB: sorry about your monday morning. here it is monday afternoon, 7 days left till the beginning of school. Ah.

Oh, and--these blogs are turning me on to all sorts of music I never knew existed. Thanks~

Indigo Bunting said...

Helen: Deerfly definitely more annoying.

Bridgett: Is the beginning of school a good or bad thing?

And yeah, isn't learning about music you don't know a great time?

Mali said...

I'm not sad at all ... its Tuesday morning here (one day closer to the weekend), and you're back!

MightyMartian said...

I'm glad there are still a few of us working on this project. I'm not posting regularly, but I'm still here, I promise.

Indigo Bunting said...

Martian: Glad you're still here, and I promise to keep reading and checking in. However, I'm still considering a permanent break from this blog to concentrate on the other. Stay tuned.