Friday, August 31, 2007

201/365, aka 365/365 Roam

Fly the great big sky
See the great big sea

Kick through continents

Bustin’ boundaries

Take it hip to hip rocket through the wilderness

Around the world the trip begins with a kiss


Ah, what to write for what might be one’s final post in the Dancing about Architecture project? I thought about Mozart’s Requiem, because that piece slays me in its utter requiemness. (Plus, I used to know the alto part, so my mind just loves to follow that line along . . .).

But I digress. I am, in fact, signing off today. I have taken Helen’s suggestion and slapped a 365 before the 365 in this post’s alternate number. I like 201. I challenge all of you on the project to get this far—better yet, get to 365! I’ll keep reading.

But I’ve decided that the daily music thing is wearing me out and that I miss working on Alphabird, where, according to Helen, I am currently engaged in breaking the record for the world’s longest kiss. I don’t want kissing to get too boring, so I really need to come up for air over there.

I hear a wind
Whistling air

Whispering in my ear


“Roam” is one of those B-52’s feel-good songs. I’m old enough now to have lived to see its use in a cell phone service ad. But it seems like a good song for the grand finale. Cheery, full of dreams, maybe even some freedom. Plus, there are camels in the video! And they show up more than once! This song makes me think of Mali, one my favorite blogger/world travelers. Here’s to you, my adventurous friend!

As I sign off, I am happy to announce that my dear friend Sewa Yoleme is signing on for a month, beginning tomorrow, with his new project, September Songs. I can’t wait to read him. I encourage you to do so. Bookmark that bad boy.

Here’s “Roam.” This video is so much fun, so vintage. Keep writing, and watch for me at Alphabird. I’ll try to get back there soon, after a little roaming . . .

Roam if you want to
Roam around the world
Roam if you want to
Without wings, without wheels
Roam if you want to
Roam around the world
Roam if you want to
Without anything but the love we feel

10 comments:

Deloney said...

This bird has flown...

Helen said...

Happy roaming Indigo! Here's a song to send you on your way, complete with a camel or two...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oIIs-NGDYc

pk said...

well done, and here is your envoi: a little unseasonal, but if you can be mathematically wilful, damn the world's turning:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdJCtqegd8A

Bridgett said...

Durn.

Gonna be near Rhinebeck NY for the sheep thing in October? I've been convinced to go.

Other than that, durn. But I'll go back to looking at alphabird, which of course is ingenious and lovely.

Indigo Bunting said...

Hey gang: The Beatles, a camel, and a fabulous bus holiday! Thanks for the sendoff!

I hope to get my head back into Alphabird space within a week or so.

Bridgett: Hmmmm. Are you a knitter? A raiser of sheep? Just going for fun? I think Rhinebeck is a few hours from me. I bet this woman in my yoga class is going (sheep and wool raiser...). What town are you staying in?

Sewa Yoleme said...

I'll miss your song posts, but I'll enjoy the greater Alpha frequency. (That sounded rather sci-fi, didn't it?)

But anytime your put pen to paper, or finger to keyboard, it's worthwhile reading.

Sabine said...

Is it liberating? Does quitting early make you feel dirty?

I'll look forward to the rejuvenation of alphabird, too.

Indigo Bunting said...

mm: Quite dirty indeed. (Well, at least naughty.)

Mali said...

Two blogs on a go - ambitious. I've enjoyed this one, and love the way you managed to combine Mozart's Requiem (which I love) and Roam in this last entry.

Haven't had time recently to catch up on your earlier posts (shouldn't really be here now), so will continue commenting maybe on the weekend.

Can't wait to get back to Alphabird ... as long as you're writing, i'm happy.

Bridgett said...

Rhinebeck: I'm tagging along. I'm a knitter, but more than that, I'm desperate for a girls weekend away from my family. Did I say that out loud? Not sure where I'm staying--Ann's making all the arrangements. I'll let you know...