Friday, August 24, 2007

194/365 Walk on By

I just can’t get over losing you
And so if I seem broken and blue
Walk on by, walk on by
Foolish pride
Is all that I have left
So let me hide
The tears and the sadness you gave me
When you said goodbye
Walk on by

Happy birthday, Deloney! What song could I possibly choose to wish you well? In searching “happy birthday” on YouTube, I did briefly consider Marilyn Monroe singing it to JFK because it’s so culturally/historically…well, strange…but ultimately, given how I love All Things Burt and you love All Things Dionne, I thought maybe this fab classic would be just the thing.

The lyrics I’ve chosen to quote at the top of this post reflect my deepest feelings every time you freakin’ delete one of your blogs.

Do have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Deloney said...

Thanks, I.B. It's far too early to get zonked so I think I'll go to Zorba's for a mind-altering breakfast.

Indigo Bunting said...

I need one of those myself about now...

Sewa Yoleme said...

Wait. I thought it was yesterday! You mean I haven't missed it? I feel like Scrooge upon waking from the ghosts! Happy birthday, and I want to know what was in that breakfast....

Deloney said...

Oh, the breakfast was
the usual...

but just now:

Chateau Pey La Tour

Bordeaux

in-
expensive
but nice

a poem
in itself