Monday, June 4, 2007

120/365 I’m Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter

One morning last week, getting ready for my commute to a client’s office, I realized I just had to hear Fats Waller sing this song on my way into work.

Lots of people have covered this, of course, but the best Youtube connection I can find is a rather drunken-sounding version by Dean Martin.

I love this song.

I’m gonna sit right down and write myself a letter
And make believe it came from you
I’m gonna write words oh so sweet
They’re gonna knock me off my feet
A lot of kisses on the bottom
I’ll be glad I got ’em
I’m gonna smile and say I hope you’re feeling better
And close with love the way you do
I’m gonna sit right down and write myself a letter
And make believe it came from you

4 comments:

Helen said...

I like watching Dean, he always looked like he was enjoying himself so much.

Should one be worried about this kind of behaviour (writing letters to oneself)?

Indigo Bunting said...

Before I answer that, Helen, why do you ask?

Helen said...

No particular reason.

But, just hypothetically, should one use a pseudonym if one were to write a letter to oneself?

And can we send ourselves flowers?

Indigo Bunting said...

Yes, one should definitely use a pseudonym. And of course we can send ourselves flowers!