Saturday, June 16, 2007

132/365 Fat Man in the Bathtub

Spotcheck Billy got down on his hands and knees
He said “Hey momma, hey let me check your oil, all right?”
She said “No, no honey, not tonight
Come back Monday, come back Tuesday, then I might.”

Like any teenager, I spent a lot of time in my room spinning records. Senior year of high school, I couldn’t get enough Little Feat, in particular the albums Dixie Chicken and Time Loves a Hero. I never got tired of picturing a fat man in the bathtub with the blues.

All I want in this life of mine is some good clean fun
All I want in this life and time is some hit and run

5 comments:

Helen said...

A good way to start the day...

Mali said...

Loving these ... but I obviously haven't been here in a while. What have you done to your blog background? Its all dotty (for me anyway - I use Firefox) and makes me feel sick reading it! Very hard to see the words. And I don't want to miss your words!

Indigo Bunting said...

Hmmm...Mali, this worries me. The dots on this template are faded to nothing behind the text, but sounds like that isn't so for you. Is anyone else experiencing this? I haven't changed a thing on the template. Wouldn't have a clue how to, really...

Indigo Bunting said...

Oh, and I use Firefox too...

Otter said...

We are musicially so well suited. Too bad we don't live closer, we could have such a great time spinning discs and sipping martinis.
This Little Feat LP (have it on CD) was a big part of my H.S. experience.

Your blog is not giving me any trouble. I hope mine is not taking too long to load. I also changed a few things to make it speedier.