Tuesday, June 12, 2007

128/365 The Motorcycle Song

I don’t want a pickle
Just want to ride on my motorsickle
And I dont want a tickle
’Cause I’d rather ride on my motorsickle
And I don’t want to die
I just want to ride on my motorcy...cle

Last week, seemingly out of the blue, this Arlo Guthrie song popped into my head, after years of not having been much in my head at all. Maybe because it’s getting to be summer, and there are a lot of motorcycles about. Maybe it’s because I’ve been thinking about death a bit. Maybe it’s because there’s no predicting where those jumping synapses will take me next.

3 comments:

Helen said...

I'd definitely prefer a motorsickle to a pickle too.

Bridgett said...

I thought my father had made this song up, until I heard it on the radio one odd Saturday afternoon. That was an interesting moment, actually.

Indigo Bunting said...

Bridgett: I'd say. That's a good story all by itself. (Maybe I'll read more about it someday...)