Thursday, March 1, 2007

25/365 Gypsy Eyes

How could such a straightforward drumbeat draw me in?

Well I realize that I’ve been hypnotized
I love your gypsy eyes, I love your gypsy eyes.


That’s it. Jimi Hendrix has hypnotized me. That voodoo chile.

Wikipedia claims this song is based on the field holler.

About a year ago, Tim told his Portland photo-studio coworkers that I was going through “a Hendrix phase.” Immediately, Louise burned me Electric Ladyland and Len sent Axis: As Bold as Love. How cool are these people? (And what kind of phase should I go through next?)

6 comments:

Sewa Yoleme said...

I need to really get into Jimi. Everything I've heard sets me all a-tingle.

Have you gone through a Janis phase yet? I can't get enough of her.

Unknown said...

It's the gypsy thing. Any time I hear the word gypsy in a song, I invariably like it.

Helen said...

How about a Boney M phase?

Otter said...

You have some pretty cool friends.

I'm still in my Jimi phase, don't think that will ever end. Pink Floyd seems like the next logicial phase to move in to. After that maybe a little Dire Straits (that Mark boy sure can play the guitar!)then the Counting Crows, a little DMB? Pixies? The Cure?

Indigo Bunting said...

SY: Some Janis I love, some I don't. I need to get the right CD, I think.

M: Good point.

H: It's never too late, I suppose.

LO: Tim got some Pink Floyd for Xmas. I'll have to pay closer attention.

Cedar Waxwing said...

I think you need to go through a Dan Bern phase.