Saturday, March 3, 2007

27/365 Sometimes I Wish I Had a Gun

It’s my new favorite song, or at least the fave du jour. Sewa Yoleme totally came through on my birthday yesterday, not only sending Sting’s new John Dowland CD, but also John Waters’s A Date with John Waters. Waters is master of the mix tape (I refer you also to 2005’s A John Waters Christmas).

I wish I could you send you somewhere online where you can hear this jazzy tune, but alas, I cannot. However, you should check out the John Waters personal promo about the CD at Amazon.com.

Mink Stole, who has appeared in just about all his movies, sings this number. It’s basically a love song—about the love that would certainly exist between two people if the singer were appropriately armed.

I’d aim it at your arms
You’d wrap them ’round me
I’d aim it at your lips
And make you wanna kiss me
I’d aim it at your eyes
and feel the look of love
and we’d be having babies
Sometimes I wish I had a gun

Actually, depending on when it comes around, I can’t tell if she’s always singing “we’d be having babies” or is sometimes singing “we’d be happy babies.” No lyrics online yet either.

I like this verse too:

Sometimes I wish I had a gun
Cuz competition isn’t fun
I’d aim it at those other gals
And then see how fast they run

That John Waters. He totally gets love.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I went looking for a birthday video for you yesterday, and failed miserably. (I wanted it to be short and either funny or heartfelt, and after ruling out Marilyn Monroe singing to JFK because I couldn't figure out to which category it belonged, I came up empty-handed.)

Anyway, I'm a little late but here's a present I think you'll like: portraits of some of your relatives. Happy Birthday!!

Sewa Yoleme said...

Can't wait to see his new Court TV show, where he profiles happy newlyweds who end up murdering one another. Ah, love....

Otter said...

Susan, I think the first one really looks like our Indigo, but the second pic. must be one of her cousins.

Otter said...

BTW Indigo that was a funny clip w/Johnnie Waters.

Indigo Bunting said...

Susan: Thank you! The photos are great, the perfect present!

LO: As much as I'd like to think I look most like Bachelor #1 or #3, it may well be that I usually look most like Bachelor #2.

SY: I hope it's campy enough to be good.