Tuesday, March 20, 2007

44/365 Symphony No. 40 in G minor, K. 550

There are a couple of popular classical pieces that I have associated with my college buddy Pierre.

The first is Mozart’s Symphony No. 40 in G minor, the first movement (Molto allegro). The piece would start, then Pierre, posing as a highly paid voice-over artist, would launch into his own commercial extolling the virtues of the Fiat X/19, the car he happened to drive. Each time seemed completely improvised, although it may not have been. It never failed to make me laugh.

I can’t hear the opening bars of this without thinking, “The Fiat X/19 . . . ”

3 comments:

Sewa Yoleme said...

Reminds me a bit of Karl, for some reason.

Helen said...

Just like the Barber of Seville shall always be associated with Bugs and Elmer...

Indigo Bunting said...

SY: I can see that.

H: Oh, yes.