Sunday, April 15, 2007

70/365 Pinch Me

I can’t help it. Barenaked Ladies can make me smile about the angst and existential dilemmas we all face. The combination of Helen’s Wild, Wild Life post on Friday and my having spun this disc last week has kept this tune looping in my loopy mind.

It’s like a dream you try to remember but it’s gone then you
Try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn when you
Try to see the world beyond your front door.
Take your time, the way I rhyme is gonna make you smile when you
Realize a guy my size might take a while just to
Try to figure out what all this is for.
Pinch me, pinch me, cause I’m still asleep.
Please God tell me that I’m still asleep.

3 comments:

Deloney said...

A few years ago, when I lived a couple of blocks north of here, Steven Paige (the singer in BL) lived across the street. Then the band cracked the American market, the money came rolling in, and he moved.

Indigo Bunting said...

How could anyone want to move out of a neighborhood you lived in? He must not have known you very well.

Helen said...

Even the name of this group makes me smile.