Friday, April 20, 2007

75/365 The Littlest Birds

Well it’s times like these
I feel so small and wild
Like the ramblin’ footsteps of a wanderin’ child
And I’m lonesome as a lonesome whip-poor-will
Singin’ these blues with a warble and a trill
But I’m not too blue to fly
No I’m not too blue to fly ’cause
The littlest birds sing the prettiest songs . . .

As I’ve said before, I love trios. No big surprise, then, that I’m a Be Good Tanyas fan. I’m thinking about spring, I’m thinking about restlessness, I’m thinking about birds. (I’m wondering why my 5-month-old router has turned on me, but I’m trying not to think about that too much.) And before this morning, I didn’t even know that the last lines of this song were quoting one of Syd Barrett’s. (You’ll have to listen for them.)

3 comments:

Deloney said...

Nice. I took their cd (the one with this song on it) out of the library but I forgot to tape it. I should really get myself a cd burner.

Indigo Bunting said...

On their last CD, Hello Love, there's a hidden track that's a cover of Prince's "When Doves Cry." It's amazing.

Helen said...

That was sweet. (Unlike Syd Barrett's life, which sounds rather tragic.)