Saturday, April 21, 2007

76/365 Birdhouse in Your Soul

How could an Indigo Bunting not like a song with this title? They Might Be Giants give us some silly verses, such as:

There’s a picture opposite me
Of my primitive ancestry
Which stood on rocky shores and kept the beaches shipwreck free.
Though I respect that a lot
I’d be fired if that were my job
After killing Jason off and countless screaming Argonauts.
Bluebird of friendliness,
Like guardian angels it’s always near.

But there’s something really comforting about the silly chorus:

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you?
Make a little birdhouse in your soul.
Not to put too fine a point on it:
Say I’m the only bee in your bonnet.
Make a little birdhouse in your soul.

May you all be in the midst of a true sunny spring day. I am.

2 comments:

Otter said...

Yay to this song... it's so cheery.

Otter said...

I love your taste in music.