Monday, February 19, 2007

15/365 Loaded and Laid

I was in a David Bromberg mood last night. Hanging out with Tim in Martini Lounge (aka my living room), we quickly tore through Midnight on the Water and How Late’ll Ya Play Til? Vol. 1. Every track is brilliant, of course, but as I am one for bawdy lyrics, I must here pay tribute to a song Bromberg may not have written but sure could deliver. It begins:

I finally figured out just what my problem is:
I need to get loaded and laid.


It’s a masterpiece of alliteration, as the second verse claims:

I wanna be ravaged and ruined.

And the third:

I wanna be tortured and teased.

Finally, there’s a near-apology close to the end, as he explains:

Believe me, I wouldn’t even’ve brought the subject up
Except it’s been up on its own now for days.


Breathtaking. Beautiful. Bromberg.

4 comments:

Otter said...

See how much fun we are having?
This is great.

Bet Tim likes it too.

Indigo Bunting said...

We are having fun! You have great ideas, Otter!

Sabine said...

Loaded and laid? Lucky boy.

Otter, how do you sample things on itunes?

Otter said...

I.B. Thanks!

M.M. Just click on the tune (not on the buy it but on the title itself) and it will play about a 20 second clip.