Saturday, May 19, 2007

104/365 Afternoons and Coffeespoons

Someday I’ll have a disappearing hairline
Someday I’ll wear pyjamas in the daytime
Afternoons will be measured out
Measured out, measured with
Coffeespoons and T. S. Eliot

I had a physical on Thursday. I admit it: I’m as obsessed with death as the next guy. So far no one else seems to think that my death is imminent. Of course, I haven’t heard anything about the bloodwork or the EKG.

My arm still hurts from the tetanus shot.

I love how Crash Test Dummies sing [what may or may not be considered somewhat] pessimistic lyrics to such an optimistic tune.

Maybe if I could do a play-by-playback
I could change the test results that I will get back
I’ve watched the summer evenings pass by
I’ve heard the rattle in my bronchi . . .

4 comments:

Deloney said...

Girl, you need a champagne brunch.

Indigo Bunting said...

Good morning, Deloney. What a great idea! I'm heading off to Montpelier this morning...meet you there? There's gotta be a good champagne brunch there SOMEwhere. (But not a single McDonald's—they are proud of that!)

Deloney said...

It's a date:

McGillicuddy's Irish Pub Capital City Cash
14 Langdon Street
(802) 223-2721
"Montpelier's only neighborhood pub!"
Serving homestyle cooking, lunch & dinner, & late night food
Open 7 days a week, 11:30 AM - 2:00 AM (kitchen open 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM weeknights and until 11:00 PM Fri. & Sat.)

Indigo Bunting said...

I seemed to have missed you in the crowd.

How did you know that the person I go to see in Montpelier is from Dublin?