Thursday, May 31, 2007

116/365 Blue Moon Revisited (Song for Elvis)

Hey, it’s a blue moon today, at least in our time zone, which makes me think of Helen and of the song “Blue Moon” and of one of my favorite Cowboy Junkies songs, in the middle of which they sing “Blue Moon.” It’s freakin’ yummy.

It took me awhile to find someplace where you could listen to it, but I finally did, on Rhapsody, and it really took me less than a minute to download the software, even to my Mac, and I’m a computer idiot. It’s worth a listen, if you’ve got the time. Of course, I have actual time about once in a blue moon.

It’s overcast, so I might not see our blue moon tonight at 9:04. Nice to know it’s there, though.

13 comments:

Helen said...

Aagghh! What does Rhapsody have against Canadians?

Indigo Bunting said...

Helen: Aaargh is right. Personally, I admire Canadians. And Cowboy Junkies are Canadian! I also saw it on Last FM, but I couldn't get that to work on my Mac. I also couldn't completely tell if it was free—I think you can listen for free, but download for $$.

Deloney said...

Their version of Lou Reed's "Sweet Jane" is terrific.

Indigo Bunting said...

D: You are so right.

Helen said...

Last FM would only let me listen to a tantalizing 29 seconds of the song. It was enough to convince me that I need to buy more Cowboy Junkies music.

Indigo Bunting said...

H: The Trinity Session has both this song and "Sweet Jane" on it.

Susan said...

NPR addressed blue moons this week, and apparently they're a romantic myth. So I guess you'll have to delete this post. Or my comment.

Cedar Waxwing said...

Do you remember the Blue Moon Restaurant in Elgin? My Prom was held there.

Cedar Waxwing said...

Here is something from the Internet Archive called Blue Moon Revisited by the Cowboy Junkies. It was recorded a couple of days ago in Northampton, MA.

Is it

Indigo Bunting said...

CW: First, yeah, that's them singing. Sounds a bit different live, but you get the idea.

And OMG, the Blue Moon! I couldn't remember the name of that bar (oddly enough), but that's where this story in this blog took place!

Bridgett said...

Trinity Sessions: freakin amazing. This song puts the original to shame.

Bridgett said...

Oh, and I didn't realize you'd moved on to songs, too. You and Lisa and Cedar Waxwingl...I would have started paying more attention to everyone's earlier!

Indigo Bunting said...

And Martian too!

So hard to keep up with everyone's blogging...