Sunday, May 13, 2007

98/365 Cover of the Rolling Stone

Wanna see my picture on the cover
Wanna buy five copies for my mother
Wanna see my smilin’ face
On the cover of the Rolling Stone

For Mother’s Day, I was trying to think of some song to post with the word mother in it. What does it say about me that the first song I thought of was Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show’s “Cover of the Rolling Stone”?

Perhaps it says that as a childfree individual, I’m not likely to come up with some heavydeepandreal song about the miracle and joys of motherhood. Perhaps it says that I’m still looking for validation and approval from my own mother. Perhaps it says that I’ve always been a big Shel Silverstein fan (don’t you just love Uncle Shelby’s ABZ Book? I recommend it to anyone about age 15 and older with a sense of [sexual, dark] humor).

For the record, I am not the Cocaine Katy mentioned in the song.

1 comment:

Cedar Waxwing said...

ha - we think alike. I did Sylvia's Mother by the same band today! And I thought of Shel Silverstein when I posted!