Wednesday, May 9, 2007

94/365 Sleep Keeps Me Awake

Sleep comes creeping in
At four in the morning
Sneaking up the stairs
Shoes in her hands
Don’t you know what time it is?
I’ve been worried ’bout you baby
Seems the least you could do was
Phone to say you’d be late

Night 2 in New York. Full-fledged insomnia. Maybe it was that late dinner with Leyla. Even so, Dudley and Isabella are back at it. I forgot that this same thing happened last year, and it wasn’t until night 3, utterly exhausted, that I finally fell asleep. Tomorrow. I’m about due.

Michelle Shocked included this reprimand to elusive sleep on her 1989 Captain Swing CD.

2 comments:

Deloney said...

Drink yourself to sleep, that's what I'm gonna do. Check Helen's Plastic Bag post to check out my evil mood. Get out of NY, it's dangerous. Go back to Vermont with its familiar pillow. I read sewa's thing about the honeybees and it did not improve my mood.

Helen said...

Or, maybe you can put Isabella and Dudley in a plastic bag and throw them into the Hudson River? Only kidding. Cats would be perfect except for the fact that they're nocturnal.