Tuesday, May 29, 2007

114/365 19th Nervous Breakdown

Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes, here it comes
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown

That chorus is the only part of the song that really applies to me. I’m both too much of an introvert and from too middle class a background for the verses to reflect my life. But whenever I’m overcommitted work- and schedulewise, this song eventually begins to repeat itself in my brain, like a mantra.

Which may mean this part applies too:

Oh, who’s to blame? That girl’s just insane.
Well, nothing I do don’t seem to work.
It only seems to make the matters worse. Oh, please.

9 comments:

Helen said...

I love watching these old video clips. Are you feeling overcommitted these days?

Indigo Bunting said...

Oh yes. Almost to the point to which I should just be committed. But not yet. That will come.

Otter said...

I totally feel like I'm on my 8th nervous breakdown... thanks. I know it was a coincidence, but prespective is great.

Deloney said...

A great early Stones song. Remember when Mick had lips? They're gone! I saw him interviewed about a year ago and the interviewer actually had the nerve to mention it, and Mick admitted that it was a part of aging. The nervy interviewer then asked Mick if he ever looked at old photos of himself. Mick said he did, and looked like he wanted to cry.

Indigo Bunting said...

D: Wow, what a story. And I am going to have to look more closely at current photos of Mick. I was rather shocked by how young he looks in the clip I linked to for this post.

Otter: Hope you get through the 8th one quickly!

Susan said...

Was Mick ever that young??

I could have used this song today when I brought my Walkman to the dentist's office. It would have drowned out those nasty noises (his, not mine).

Deloney said...

Something else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWxQVTTAkvc

Indigo Bunting said...

D: Those skinny girls get all the guys.

Indigo Bunting said...

Susan: Thanks for the perfect clarification!