Monday, May 14, 2007

99/365 Walk This Way

Seesaw swingin’ with the boys in the school
and your feet flyin’ up in the air
singin’ hey diddle diddle
with your kitty in the middle of the swing
like you didn’t care
so I took a big chance at the high school dance
with a missy who was ready to play
wasn’t me she was foolin’
’cause she knew what she was doin’
when she told me how to walk this way

This song is so high school in the seventies. It’s hanging out with Cheryl, her mom, and her sister (to this day, those three travel hours to hit the metal concerts). Best Aerosmith song ever. The Run DMC collaboration is tight.

Just gimme a kiss.

3 comments:

Perston said...

Unfortunately, I'm a child of the 80's, so some of the early Aerosmith is before my time. Can't say that I could relate to most of these songs. I'm limited in my knowledge of classic rock. Tried going back in time to get a feel for Van Halen and the like, but just wasn't feeling it.

Although, I do appreciate that the emphasis was on the guitar back then. These days, rock music is cheap imitations of what it once was.

Otter said...

I love the Run DMC cut.

And the give me a kiss line made me laugh.

Otter said...

Wunderbar!